- Preheat smoker to 110ºC. Use Heat Beads® or Lumpwood Charcoal. Soak wood chips in water if using.
- Pat lamb dry. Score the lamb 2.5cm deep and insert garlic into each slit.
- Add a light coat of olive oil.
- Insert rosemary sprigs infrequently into slits.
- Sprinkle the lamb generously with salt and pepper.
- Place in smoker preheated to 110ºC on centre rack, close smoker. Add wood chips, chunks or logs for added flavour, we recommend adding pohutukawa, apple or cherry wood chunks.
- Let smoke for 4-5 hours or until internal temperature is 70ºC (medium).
- Remove and let rest 30 minutes.
- Slice across the grain to serve.
Note: While resting, your meat should be covered loosely in foil – don't smother the meat. The internal temperature of the meat will continue to rise by 5 – 10 degrees, so allow for this when judging when to remove the lamb from the Ned.