Charcoal – Charcoal grate on lowest height. Snake method on right with 2 charcoals on the bottom layer and 1 on top to keep a consistent 225 – 250ºF
Vents – Right Bottom vent open
Top left vent open
All other vents closed.
- Preheat Cob Barrel Smoker with a charcoal snake to 225ºF, layer wood chunks on first half of the snake
- Remove the membrane and any excess fat from the ribs
- Lube your ribs with Olive Oil and generously apply your rub to both sides
- Place a small roasting dish with apple juice and hot water on the charcoal grate opposite your charcoal snake
- Place your ribs on the main rack over the roasting dish
- Close the cob barrel and smoke your ribs for 2 hours
- After 2 hours take out your ribs, layer in your favourite bbq sauce and tightly wrap with foil. Be sure to have any tears in the foil to allow the meat to baste itself.
- Place the ribs back on the grill and close the cob for another 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, unwrap the ribs and leave on the grill for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour remove the ribs from the barrel bbq and rest for 10 minutes
- Slice your ribs, lightly sauce and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Eon Kerewaro