Cookie Time Hot Cross Bun Pudding
on the Charmate Corona Ketle
The perfect recipe for easter, cooked in the Charmate Round Cast Iron Skillet on the Corona Kettle using Cookie Time's Cookie Smash Choc Cross Buns.
- FIre up the Charmate Corona Kettle and bring up temp, approximate 300F with the charcoal baskets set up for an indirect cook (on either side of the kettle).
- Slice the Cookie Smash Choc Cross Buns into thirds and butter, then layer around the skillet cookie until bottom is completely covered.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla essence and cinnamon then pour over the hot cross buns, making sure each bun is covered. Leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Cook in the kettle for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the kettle and allow to cool down. Due to heat retention, this may take a little longer in the cast iron.
- To serve, a small amount of icing sugar with water or milk and drizzle over the top. Enjoy!
Recipe credit VJCOOKS