Easy As Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
On the Charmate Grady
An easy but delicious simple brown sugar glazed ham perfect for entertaining friends and family on Christmas Day. Cooked on the Charmate Grady offset smoker for perfectly smoked ham.
Recipe credit Nagi
- Take ham out of the fridge 1 hour prior and use this time to Pre-heat your pit to 275°F using lumpwood fuel.
- Remove the rind off the ham with a sharp knife ensuring the fat stays on before scoring diamonds into the fat (approx 2.5cm deep but don't cut into the flesh).
- Place brown sugar, honey, mustard, cider vinegar, pepper and spices (see Nagi’s recipe) into a saucepan on your BBQ over medium-high heat. Simmer and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Baste the ham in glaze, leaving the handle, including the underside and face. Wrap tinfoil around the handle before transferring to the BBQ with Charmate Apple Wood Chunks for smoking. Keep any remaining glaze for basting.
- Cook for 1 & 1/2 hours basting at 20-minute intervals with the leftover glaze.
- Rest the ham for 15 to 30 minutes, basting generously with any leftover glaze and ham juices until it’s bronzed all over.
- Remove the foil on the handle, carve and enjoy!