Grilled Crayfish Tails
to make your mouth water
Crayfish is a delicacy that has a tonne of flavour on its own. You don’t need to do much to make a restaurant quality meal when you are dealing with these. Whether at the beach or at home, this recipe is fast enough to do at a moments notice, easy enough for anyone to do and so delicious the crowd will be talking about it all night.
- Raise the charcoal grate of your Cob barrel BBQ & smoker to the second level.
- Drop your Heat Beads Lump Charcoal to one side of the BBQ
- Using a small roasting dish, place the butter, parsley, crushed garlic and sweet chilli in the dish on the indirect side of the bbq.
- Stir in ingredients until mixed and place on the resting rack when butter is completely melted.
- Chop the crayfish tails vertically in half
- Place Crayfish tails flesh-side down on direct heat for approx 2 mins
- Turn over the crayfish to flesh side up and baste with your garlic chilli butter.
- Keep basting the crayfish until the opaque flesh turns white
- Quickly dip your crayfish flesh side down into the left-over garlic sweet chilli butter
- Place your crayfish tails on a serving board
- Serve with sliced lemons
Recipe courtesy of Que-Tang Clan BBQ