- Begin by removing any hard white fat from the pork butt, this type of fat doesn’t render well and doesn’t make for good eating.
- Find your favourite pork rub, in this case, we are using Rum & Que’s Hot Coq. Rub about 8 hours before cooking and keep refrigerated.
- Get your Smoker up to temperature (around 250-2750F/121-1350C). Put Pork Butt in and don’t check it for at least 2 hours, then begin to spritz every hour, with your choice of liquid, (water, apple cider vinegar, apple juice). The Butt should be in for about 8 hours.
- When the bark is looking good (about the 4-5 hour mark), tightly wrap the pork butt in foil using a little bit of apple or pineapple juice or simply put the butt into a foil tray and cover with foil.
- Keep cooking until internal temperature reaches 205-2100F/96-990C. Remove and place in chilly bin covered in towels for an hour or two to rest.
- Shred meat using a heat-resistant glove or bear claws.
- This Pulled Pork goes great in rolls, burgers, sliders or tacos. Just add your favourite salad veg and sauces!
Thanks to Rum & Que Rubs for this recipe