Pulled Pork Shoulder
A fool-proof low and slow method
Fool-proof pulled pork method that works for pork shoulder and butt. Enjoy it on its own or turn it into a meal!
- Trim the hard fat off, completely exposing the meat to ensure the rub penetrates the meat for better bark.
- Rub the meat with Rum & Que RIb Rocker rub, and leave it on the bench to come up to room temperature. Use this time to get your pit up to temp.
- Get the temperature of your smoker up to 275°F which is your cook temp (trying to maintain your temp between 260 and 290F.
- Cook the pork naked for 4 hours, spritzing with water at the 1.5 and 3-hour points.
- At 4 – 4.5 hours, transfer the pork to a foil tray and add the liquid (equal parts beer and pineapple juice) followed by a generous amount of Rum & Que Meat Juice.
- Stick a probe into the fattiest part of the meat avoiding the bone and cover the tray with foil before transferring back to the BBQ.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 205°F. Once it has reached this temp, take it off the BBQ and rest for 1 hour.
- Pull and enjoy!