- Rub Rum & Que Blackout Rub generously over tomahawks ensuring all sides are evenly covered. If you have just removed your steaks from the fridge, allow them to rest while they come up to room temperature.
- Set the Charmate Corona Kettle up for an indirect cook by placing both charcoal baskets to either side, filling each with 6-7 lit Charcoal Briquettes. You are aiming to get the pit to 275°F.
- Place the steaks in the middle of the kettle, between the two baskets and cook for an hour or until the internal temperature probes between 110 – 120°F.
- Take the steaks off and wrap them in foil for 20 minutes. While the tomahawks are resting, place both charcoal baskets in the middle to prepare them for direct searing. Add extra briquettes and fan to stoke the charcoal.
- Place the steaks directly over the hot coals, turning to sear both sides until desired crust colour is achieved.
Pro Tip: Aim to get the kettle hot to quickly achieve a nice crust without overcooking the steak.
- Take the steaks off the kettle and remove any butchers twine before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Check out our Tomahawk video with Matt here