Preheat BBQ by placing a generous layer of unlit charcoal briquettes onto the charcoal grate. Use a chimney starter to light more briquettes, wait around 20 minutes until briquettes are ashed over and then pour over unlit coals on the bbq and spread out.
- Cut capsicum and red onion. Try to keep them roughly the same size.
- Cube chicken thighs into generous bite-size pieces.
- Mix spice paste and yoghurt (or cream) in a bowl and marinate chicken for at least 10 minutes.
- Thread onto skewers, try to balance the skewers so they are an even weight on both sides. Start and finish with a vegetable to stop the chicken from sliding. Leave a gap and the top and bottom for handling and to allow the metal skewer to sit in the rotisserie properly.
- If using the Hotrod Skewer & Spit Roaster BBQ, place the sharp end of the skewer into the holes provided, the handle end will fit over the metal plate. The middle skewer controls the rotation of the rest of the skewers and should not have food on it. Turn on the motor and let the skewers rotate for around 1 hour. Check regularly as cook time depends on charcoal temperature and kebab size. Chicken should have an internal temperature of 75°C.
- If using other BBQ’s where the kebabs are put directly on the grill, the kebabs should cook for around 15 minutes. Rotate manually and ensure all sides are cooked properly. Chicken should have an internal temperature of 75°C.
- Serve with your favourite sides and enjoy!