- Season both sides of your tomahawk steak with salt, pepper, garlic and red pepper. Let steaks rest until they reach room temperature.
- Mix all Garlic & Herb Butter ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place butter in the middle of some baking paper and roll into a cylinder shape. Then, roll baking paper around it and twist each end like a lolly wrapper. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Create 2 cooking zones on the Grady. Put your hot coals in the offset and get to temperature 250°F (120°C). Add extra cooking grate into offset chamber directly above coals.
- When the main chamber is up to temperature, place steak in the main chamber (indirect heat). Close lid and cook for about 25 minutes, or until steak’s internal temperature reaches 105°F (45°C).
- Move the steak over to direct heat in the offset chamber. Grill for about 2 minutes per side.
Remove from grill, let rest and top with sliced, refrigerated Seasoned Butter.
Enjoy these juicy steaks with seasonal asparagus or corn. Corn can be cooked directly over the hot coals on the offset grill too.