- Preheat smoker to 110ºC. Use Heat Beads® or Lumpwood Charcoal. Soak wood chips in water if using.
- Mix together ingredients for rub.
- Pat lamb dry and then add a light coat of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the lamb generously with rub.
- Place in smoker preheated to 110ºC. Add wood chips, chunks or logs for added flavour, we recommend adding pohutukawa, apple or cherry wood chunks.
- Let smoke for 3 hours or until internal temperature is 70ºC (medium).
- Remove and let rest 30 minutes.
- Slice across the grain to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Blue Moose Barbecue.