New Zealand breeds the best lamb and for us here at Que-Tang Clan, our favourite lamb is Coldstream Pure Spring Lamb. For a candy lamb treat, I can't go past the honey mustard lamb rack. The flavour combinations give it that sweet savoury and gamey flavour that leaves you wanting more. This recipe is for one rack, but I highly suggest doubling up because you will want to keep eating these.
- Place all paste ingredients into a bowl and mix until a nice paste
- Lightly brush olive oil over the lamb rack
- Using a brush, smear the paste over the Coldstream Pure Spring lamb rack
- For best results, leave lamb rack in the fridge overnight to let the flavours set in.
- Light up your Kamado and dial in your temperature to 250ºC and sear for 4 minutes on each side
- Remove your lamb rack from the grill and dial your temperature down to 160ºC
- Place in your heat deflector
- When your temp gets to 160ºC, place in your lamb rack and indirect cook until medium rare (Internal temperature 63ºC)
- Slice into lollipops and serve
Recipe courtesy of Que Tang Clan BBQ