Herb Stuffed Lamb Shoulder
on the Charmate Spit Roaster
Lamb on the spit roaster. Mmmmmm. In this simple recipe, we've stuffed the centre of the lamb with herbs to give it that little bit extra.
- Light and preheat charcoal or briquettes in a chimney starter, this will take around 15 minutes.
- Put first five Herb Filling ingredients into a blender and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Add olive oil and blitz until combined (mixture should be a bit coarse).
- Unroll boneless lamb (at room temperature) and smother inner surface with herb filling.
- Roll lamb tightly and truss with cooking twine every 3 centimetres.
- Season outside area of lamb.
- Thread lamb onto prong, ensuring it won't move too much when rotating.
- Add hot coals to the bed of the spit roaster. Fix rod to spit roaster with pins. Turn on the motor.
- Cook until internal temperature reads 63ºC (145ºF) for medium/rare. 72ºC (160ºF) for medium. This will take 1.5 to 2 hours depending on the height of your rod and the thickness of your lamb.